I conducted video
interviews with drivers from: Ubereats, Postmates, Amazon, Doordash, Instacart, and GrubHub.
I wanted to know their pain points, feature request, and how they performed certain actions. The most important actions being how they accepted and completed a delivery.Pain Points
1. Driver does not know the exact address of dropoff before accepting order.
- If the drop-off location is too far then sometimes the driver will cancel because it is not worth it to them.
- Will also cancel if handling multiple orders and the customers are not close to each other
2. Communication can be confusing as there are 3 people to contact.
- For example: Customer can either contact the company, driver, or restaurant. The Driver can either contact the company, customer, or driver.
- There are no strict guidelines or process on who to contact and under which situations which causes a lot of confusion and frustration for all parties.
3. Ratings System
- Views ranged from it's pointless to meh. The drivers really had no idea if ratings contributed anything positive or negative. However, none of them had a bad score so it was difficult to speak from experience if bad ratings would affect them.